Cartinorm intra-articular hyaluronic acid injections for relieving symptoms of osteoarthritis
Product for viscosupplementation, which is a safe, effective and well established treatment in osteoarthritis.
Why do we feel joint pain?
The quantity and quality of hyaluronic acid in the synovial fluid are reduced in the patients who have osteoarthritis because its synthesis by the synovial and cartilage cells is disturbed. The protection of articular surfaces thus is strongly altered, the cartilage becomes vulnerable and exposed to structural degradations due to the forces of friction and compression.
Hyaluronic acid: lubricating and shock absorbing
Hyaluronic acid is a major component of the synovial fluid and cartilage and, thanks to its viscoelastic and rheological properties is responsible of the lubrication and cushioning in joints. It decreases friction between joint surfaces and protects soft tissue from trauma by acting as a shock absorber.
Intra-articularly administered hyaluronic acid relieves joint pain, improves articular mobility and protects cartilage.
Cartinorm®: 20 mg/2 ml, 1% hyaluronic acid for intra-articular injection in pre-filled syringe
- 2 ml volume: lower tension in the joint after injection
- 3-5 injections/treatment (6 months)
Cartinorm® Extra: 30 mg/2 ml, 1,5% hyaluronic acid for intra-articular injection in pre-filled syringe
- higher hyaluronic acid content in smaller volume
- 3 injections/treatment (6 months
Cartinorm® XL Forte: 75 mg/3 ml, 2,5% hyaluronic acid for intra-articular injection in pre-filled syringe
- the highest hyaluronic acid content among Cartinorm injections
- 1-2 injections/treatment (6 months)
Cartinorm® XL Chondro: Cartinorm XL Chodro: 60 mg/3 ml, 2% hyaluronic acid for intra-articular injection in pre-filled syringe
- contains 90 mg chondroitin-sulphate, which optimizes the rheological behavor of hyaluronic acid
- two highly purified cross-linked biological polymers of the injection provide stronger stability
- 1 injection/treatment (6 months)
*Chondroitin sulfate, a sulfate glycosaminoglycan, is an important structural component of the extracellular cartilage matrix. The role of chondroitin sulfate is to optimize the rheological behavor of hyaluronic acid, due to specific interactions.
Furthermore, in in vitro studies, chondroitin sulfate inhibits the main enzymes involved in destruction of the cartilaginous matrix: metalloproteinases and aggrecanases. Chondroitin sulfate also inhibits proinflammatory factors secretion. These data support the observed clinical activity as a symptomatic slowacting for osteoarthritis with pain improvement and enhancement function.
CARTInorm® XL TRIO: 36 mg/2.25 ml, 1.6% hyaluronic acid for intra-articular injection in pre-filled syringe
- contains 67,5 mg chondroitin-sulphate and 67,5 mg N-acetyl-glucosamine
- chondroitin-sulphate optimizes rheological properties of hyaluronic acid
- glucosamine and chondroitin are important building blocks of cartilage extracellular matrix
- 1 injection/treatment (6 months)
Cartinorm® injections are medical devices. To be used under the direction of a physician.
*Representative survey (2014).
Cartinorm® injections for improving mobility of joints
Intra-articularly administered hyaluronic acid restores good lubrication and shock absorption in the joint and will provide significant
improvement of symptoms. Viscosupplementation with hyaluronic acid is an effective and well tolerated treatment for knee osteoarthritis.
Active life without limits